Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Why I love what I do

As I am writing this I am still working on the title.  I was thinking long and hard about what to write and show you today.  The questions of why I love seed beads so much and how sometimes it seems that I just need to add an artisan created bead, pendant or cabochon to make it complete keep coming to mind.

Many times I have tried to explain the lure of seeds but I feel like I am missing something.  This morning when I opened email and there was the Beading Daily Blog post link.  Marcia DeCoster, who in my opinion is one of the guru's of the seed beading world, was the guest blogger.  She sums it up perfectly in this quote...

"For those of us who have been captivated by bead-weaving however, I think we see it differently. In fact I believe the act of picking up tiny beads with needle and thread gives me patience where I may have lacked it before. There is something so meditative about stitching one tiny bead at a time to create a woven fabric. The colors, choice of beading stitch, choice of shape, and choice of beading thread all contribute to the beauty of what we will ultimately create, and in that I find a sense of well-being that allows me to patiently await the outcome."

I feel that I have been very lucky to love seed beads as much as I do but I am also very lucky to be able to bring them together with Artbeads.  Look at what I am currently working with!

 From Karen of Starry Road Studio
 Also from Karen
 From Jan of Molten Mayhem
 Also from Jan
See why I love what I do?

Kristen

1 comment :

  1. I recently fell in love with seed beads too - there's just something about them! So small and luscious - and the "fabric" that results from stitching them together is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.