Sunday, February 9, 2014

Radiant Orchid

So basically, I'm REALLY loving this year's color, Radiant Orchid. 


A few weeks ago, Nellie Thomas - the artist behind WoolyWire - created new these new color-ways with an Orchid theme. I was immediately captivated...



About the same time, Genea Crivello-Knable created these fabulous Space Age earrings using "Space Age Pod Pink" WoolyWire - which has similar orchid tones. 


The earrings are made with Genea's gorgeous lampwork headpins (btw, she created a tutorial for them that was published in the February 2014 issue of Bead Design Studio). 


Here is Cassandra Uhl of Zenned Out, modeling them - I love how perfectly they compliment her Orchid Pink hair! 


Another pair of earrings by Genea, with orchid tones in them: 


Here are a set of amulets by Jenny Davies-Reazor, based on a lovely palette of orchid and coordinating colors:


I did a little more surfing to find palettes and other examples of Radiant Orchid...














I hope you enjoyed this brief tour!

2 comments :

  1. I loved this really inspirational post the colours are just gorgeous, I shall have to get creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this years color of the year! It's such a pretty color and there are so many different tones and variations. There are so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.