“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” — Albert Einstein
Their branches, trunk and leaves have provided the raw materials for human survival, giving us the air that we breathe, creating energy, textiles and medicine. They filter water, provide shelter and cool cities. They allow us to communicate with written words as books and magazines and they give us a surface to express ourselves through art. And besides all that, they're pretty gorgeous to look at!
|Trees - Joyce Kilmer|
At the dawn of history, Europe was covered in forest stretching for hundreds of miles. Across the UK, Germany, Italy, Greece, it is recorded that a man could travel for 2 months without reaching the end.
|A study of Teutonic words for 'Temple' showed that the oldest sanctuaries were natural woods.|
|The Major Oak - Sherwood Forest|
And so we hope you can draw some inspiration from this wonderful environment and join us to create something inspired by our trees. It could be influenced by a tree that’s special to you, it could be leaves, or creatures that live in the trees. We'd love you to join us and take part and here's how...
Theme challenge details
1. Giveaway- This theme challenge DOES include a giveaway! ( This will vary each time.) I will be giving away one of these tree beads to two winners selected randomly from comments on this post. They are made from buff stoneware clay and decorated with underglazes and a china painted tree motif.
• Winners selected Sunday 4th September.
• You must have an active blog.
• Please leave your email and blog address in the comments to enter the giveaway
2. Goal - Have fun! Try something different! Be inspired to make something that fits within this theme. This can be an artist bead, a component, or a finished piece of jewellery, or decorative piece.
You are free to use any artist bead/component in your design, from an AJE team member, of your own creation or from another artisan bead maker...
3. Share/Reveal - The reveal will take place on Thursday 29th September
If you would like to be included in the blog reveal on the 29th, please email me caroline @ blueberribeads . co . uk (remove spaces) or send me a Facebook message. Messages need to be received by September 26th to be included.
if you're are looking for components to inspire your designs here are some from the AJE team…
These gorgeous Mythical ceramics are by Jenny Davies-Reazor
|Jenny Davies-Reazor on Etsy|
|Claire Fabian on Etsy|
Beautiful Lampwork by one of our newest members Laney Mead
|Laney Mead on Etsy|
I hope I've inspired you to join us.... See you again soon with some more inspiration!